- ACT Medical Diagnostics Notice of Personal Health Information Privacy Practices
This site and the services offered through this site are for use by residents of Canada.
ACT, the exclusive Canadian distributor of Genova Diagnostics www.gdx.net is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal and health information while providing valuable and timely education to the medical community and the general public about how to achieve optimal health and well-being.
ACT is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not share information with Genova Diagnostics unless and until you sign-up for an account with Genova Diagnostics. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. This site contains links to other sites. ACT is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Personal Information ACT Collects
In order to access specific areas of the website, you may be required to give contact information such as your name, phone number and email address as well as other personal information. We also may require that you establish a user name and password. We may collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through questionnaires or surveys. Your personal information also includes information about your product and service usage, credit information and billing records.
How ACT Uses Your Information
ACT may use your personal information to provide you with the services or products that you request, to respond to your questions about our services, billing or use of our website, or to evaluate our services and products and to conduct customer surveys. With your consent, ACT may use your information to send additional information that may be of interest to you. ACT may send email to any address we obtain, once, to obtain this consent. You may elect at any time to discontinue receiving any promotional emails and materials at any time.
Notification of Changes
ACT will change and update this policy whenever needed, so please check the policy often. We will identify that the policy has changed by changing the effective date at the bottom of this page. If at any point ACT decides to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users via an email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in a different manner.
ACT Medical Diagnostic’s Notice of Privacy Practices
- THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
- ACT is legally required to safeguard your protected health information (PHI). PHI includes information that can be used to identify you that ACT has created or received about your past, present, or future health or condition, the provision of healthcare to you, or the payment of this healthcare. We recognize the importance of PHI and take all steps appropriate and necessary to maintain the privacy of your PHI.
ACT is required by law to maintain the privacy of PHI and provide you with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to PHI. This document describes how ACT uses and discloses your PHI.
ACT reserves the right to change the terms of this notice and our privacy policies at any time, which will apply to the PHI we already have. Before any changes are made to our policies, we will promptly change this notice. You may print this for your records or request a copy of this notice from the contact person in section V.
III. How we may use and disclose your PHI.
It is our policy to use or disclose PHI only as permitted by law as follows:
- To carry out reporting of Genova Diagnostic testing. (Example: test results made available to the authorizing healthcare provider)
- To obtain payment for Genova Diagnostic testing. (Example: billing for services)
Unless disclosure of your PHI is required by law, ACT may use and disclose your PHI for purposes other than reporting of testing or payment only with your written authorization which you may revoke at any time.
- What Rights You Have Regarding Your PHI
ACT is committed to protecting your individual rights as they relate to your PHI.
- You have the right to authorize uses and disclosures of your PHI, and can request restrictions on future uses and disclosures of your PHI. We reserve the right to refuse to grant specific restrictions but, if we agree, will be bound by such restrictions. You may not limit the uses and disclosures that we are legally required or allowed to make.
- You have the right to receive communications in an alternative manner or at an alternative location - i.e. an alternative address or communications sent electronically.
- You have the right to access, inspect, and obtain copies of your own PHI unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- You have the right to request access to your laboratory results. You may do this by contacting Genova Diagnostic Customer Service at 1 (800) 522 4762, who will direct you to the Genova Diagnostic electronic access page for patients at www.gdx.net.
- You have the right to request that your PHI be amended.
- You have the right to receive an accounting of all disclosures made in accordance with an authorization.
- You have the right to request or print a copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices.
- How To Complain About Our Privacy Practices
If you believe we may have violated your privacy rights, you may file a complaint with our Privacy Officer at ACT. Please contact:
1 (866) 293 4228
If you are not satisfied with the response from ACT after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable.
- Effective Date of Original Notice: 12/10/2015